Manufacturer: Sun Pharma
Generic Name: Tizanidine
|Strength||Per Unit Price||Price|
|2mg (60 Tablet)||$0.82||$49.5|
|2mg (90 Tablet)||$0.70||$74 $63.53
you save $10.47
|2mg (120 Tablet)||$0.66||$98 $79.2
you save $18.80
It is a prescribed drug which acts upon the spinal cord nerves and thereby reduces the severity of muscle spasm and relieves pain and improves its movements. This drug is available in the market with the brand name Zanaflex
Which ailments Tizanidine help treat?
• Muscle spasm caused by multiple sclerosis, spinal injury
• Pain occurred due to facial nerve spasm or injury
What are the side-effects?
Some of the common side-effects include-
• Dry mouth
• Stomach upset
Dosage of Medication
• This drug is available in the form of a tablet and capsule with the dosage strength of 2mg, 4mg and 2mg, 4mg, 6mg respectively.
• It is meant to be taken orally via mouth once a day with or without meals
• For muscle spasticity, an initial dose of 2mg is recommended
• In order to discontinue the drug taper the dosage slowly and gradually by 2-4 mg on a daily basis.
• Indicated in the paediatric and adult population for the relief of symptoms from the spasticity of involuntary muscles occurring due to traumatic head injury, meningitis, cerebral palsy or any other neurologic deficit.
• The drug is meant to be taken orally by mouth. It comes in the form of a tablet, powder and suspension. Recommended to be taken thrice daily at a proper interval of time.
• Tablet form is recommended for adult patients whereas liquid (suspension) form is given to the paediatric population
• Adhere to the instructions mentioned on the prescription label and do take the medication exactly as directed.
• In case you are not clear with any of the instruction, do not hesitate to ask your doctor or pharmacist instead of taking the drug more often than advised and leading to adverse effects at a later stage
• Do not increase or decrease the dosage according to your own self. In case of any confusion, do ask your doctor first
• For full therapeutic effects, do take the medicine regularly for a few weeks
• Once maximum therapeutic effects have not reached till 6 weeks after full due course of drug regime, inform your doctor before discontinuing the medication by your own self.
• Do not discontinue the drug abruptly. Your doctor probably advises you to reduce the dosage gradually. You may experience the symptoms like hallucinations, mood swings and seizures if you stop the drug suddenly.
• Report your doctor immediately in case of any unusual body response on ingesting the first drug dose. It is usually advised to take the first dosage at the doctor’s office in order to monitor the signs and symptoms of an adverse drug reaction
Warnings & Precautions
• It is contraindicated in hypersensitivity and hypotension
• Do inform your doctor and pharmacist in case you are allergic to this drug or any other drugs.
• In case you are already taking any kind of muscle relaxants, tranquillizers, vitamins or sleeping pills, do inform your doctor beforehand.
• Do tell your doctor if you are already on any prescription or non-prescription drug regimen.
• Do tell your doctor regarding your complete past medical history inclusive of any kidney disease, cardiac problem, and rheumatic problem, Parkinson’s or any psychiatric condition.
• This drug has side –effects. It may put you to sleep once ingested. Do not drive or operate any machinery in such a condition.
• Do not consume alcohol while you are on this drug regimen. Alcohol consumption acts as an accelerator in such a case.
• Try not to miss your dose. Do not take double-dose in case you missed the previous one.
• Keep this drug in an air-tight closed container, out of the reach of the kids.
• Store the drug at room temperature.
• Dispose of the expired drug or empty foils of the medicine in a proper manner as per the guidelines to ensure safe disposal.
How does it help in the treatment?
It works by helping to relax spasm of muscles which may occur as a result of spinal cord injury or multiple sclerosis.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The knowledge provided is meant to raise an understanding of knowledge regarding wellbeing and does not recommend medication or evaluation. Such material is not a substitution for clinical medical treatment and can not be taken as suggesting or advising that it is healthy, acceptable or efficient for you to take the medication. Consult a health care provider and specialist for psychological therapy and diagnosis.