Generic Name: levocetirizine Dihydrochloride
|Strength||Per Unit Price||Price|
|5mg (50 Tablet)||$0.66||$33.1|
|5mg (100 Tablet)||$0.37||$66 $37.1
you save $28.90
Levocetirizine is a prescribed drug used to relieve allergy symptoms such as teary eyes, running nose, sneezing, itching in eyes and other allergic reactions. It belongs to the category of anti-histamines. It is sold under the brand name Xyzal.
Which ailments does Levocetirizine help treat?
• Watery eyes
• Running nose
• Irritation in eyes
• Seasonal or year-round allergies
• Itching caused by hives
What are the side effects?
Some of the common side-effects include-
• Sore throat
• Coordination disturbances
• Abrupt excitement
• Irregular heart rate / Palpitations
• Changes in ECG
• Double vision
• Chest tightness
• Early menstruation cycle
• Abdominal disturbances
• Loss of appetite
• Swelling of liver
• Obstruction in bile flow
• Swelling of lips, throat, tongue, face
• Trouble urinating
• Blurry vision
• Less urination
• Blood in the urine
Dosage of Medication
• The dose of the drug depends upon your age, the kind of ailment being treated, the severity of the condition, associated medical comorbidities, your body’s response to the medication
• It is available in dosage strength of 5mg
• It is recommended in the dosage of 5mg once daily in the evening. However, some patients may even respond to 2.5mg per day.
• For relief of symptoms of allergic reactions, rhinitis whether seasonal or perennial, Levocetirizine is indicated
• For children in the age group of 6-12 years, 2.5 mg orally each day and for 12 years to adults 5 mg orally once a day is recommended
• For Infants, the safety and efficacy of the drug have yet not established.
Warnings & Precautions
• If you are allergic to any specific substance or levocetirizine please do inform your doctor beforehand. In case you are already taking any medication do inform your doctor regarding its dosage so that your doctor may prescribe the drug dosage accordingly.
• Keep the drug out of the reach of the small kids
• In case of overdose, seek help from the Poison control unit
• The drug is contraindicated as it has documented hypersensitivity, lowers respiratory distress which is still under research, Nursing women, in case of kidney disease, children between 6 months to 11 years of age group with kidney impairment
• Avoid ingesting this medication if breastfeeding as it is expected to be excreted in the breast milk
• Be aware of the side effects of the medication before ingesting. Avoid driving a vehicle as levocetirizine intake may induce drowsiness or sleep.
• Ask your doctor about the safe use of alcohol-based beverages while you are on levocetirizine. Alcohol may act as an accelerator and may increase the level of drowsiness
• In case you forget to take your dose, do take your missed dose as soon as you recall it. Avoid taking a double dose, in case it’s the time for your next dose, continue as per your prescribed schedule and avoid taking the missed dose.
• Unless your doctor prescribes a special diet plan, continue with your normal diet.
How it helps in the treatment
It works by blocking the histamine (a natural substance) in the body which our body makes as a defensive tool to fight against an allergic reaction.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The knowledge provided is meant to raise an understanding of knowledge regarding wellbeing and does not recommend medication or evaluation. Such material is not a substitution for clinical medical treatment and can not be taken as suggesting or advising that it is healthy, acceptable or efficient for you to take the medication. Consult a health care provider and specialist for psychological therapy and diagnosis.