Manufacturer: Sanofi India Ltd
Generic Name: Pentoxifylline
|Strength||Per Unit Price||Price|
|400MG (30 PILLS)||$0.80||$24|
|400MG (60 PILLS)||$0.44||$48 $26.4
you save $21.60
|400MG (120 PILLS)||$0.26||$96 $31.2
you save $64.80
|400MG (180 PILLS)||$0.21||$144 $37.8
you save $106.20
|400MG (240 PILLS)||$0.20||$192 $48
you save $144.00
|400MG (300 PILLS)||$0.20||$240 $60
you save $180.00
|400MG (360 PILLS)||$0.19||$288 $68.4
you save $219.60
THERAPEUTIC USES.: -
It is a prescribed drug used to improve the symptoms of certain vascular (blood flow) problems in the limbs (hands and legs). It works on the principle by reducing the viscosity of the blood. This allows blood to become thin and flow easily in the small blood vessels of the hands and feet. It is available in the market by the brand name Pentoxil.
Which ailments Pentoxifylline help treat?
• It decreases the pain during exercise, walking which occurs due to claudication due to occlusion of arteries
• used to relieve symptoms due to leg ulcer, high –altitude sickness, eye and ear disorder, sickle cell disease and also the pain due to diabetic neuropathy
What are the side-effects?
• Disturbed Stomach
• Chest pain
• Fast heartbeat
Dosage of Medication
• It is available in the form of a long-acting / extended-release tablet meant to be taken orally via the mouth.
• It is meant to be three times a day
• Do not crush, chew or break the tablet, swallow it as a whole
• Adhere to the directions mentioned on the prescription label and take pentoxifylline exactly in the same manner as directed.
• Do not taper the dose according to your own self. Ask your doctor in case of any confusion or problem
• You may start getting the effects within 2-4 weeks but for full therapeutic effect wait for 8 weeks
• This drug can only reduce the symptoms or provide relief to an extent but cannot cure them completely
Warnings & Precautions
• Talk to your doctor if you are allergic to pentoxifylline or any other medication before taking this drug. Do ask for the list of active ingredients present in this drug from your pharmacist.
• Inform your doctor regarding what prescription and non-prescription medications you are taking.
• Inform your doctor if you ever had kidney disease or had undergone any surgical procedure.
• Inform your doctor beforehand if you are planning for pregnancy or you are pregnant or breastfeeding
· Do not taper the dose according to your own self without asking your doctor or pharmacist. Do not take it more often or too less than prescribed which otherwise may lead to adverse drug reaction.
• Check for the medication and its dosage after it is dispensed by the pharmacist. In case of any confusion, do not hesitate to ask your doctor instead of ingesting the wrong medication.
• Store the medication in an airtight container at a safe place.Keep the medication out of the reach of the children at room temperature.
• Dispose of the expired medication or empty foils as per the guidelines mentioned in the leaflet meant to provide information about the drug disposal. Ask your pharmacist for the same.
How does it help in the treatment?
Since it is a vasoactive drug and it improves the oxygenation of peripheral tissues, henceforth, it is used to improve the flexibility of red blood cells. This is how this drug aids in providing relief from the symptoms of vascular problems by thinning down the viscosity of the blood.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The knowledge provided is meant to raise an understanding of knowledge regarding wellbeing and does not recommend medication or evaluation. Such material is not a substitution for clinical medical treatment and can not be taken as suggesting or advising that it is healthy, acceptable or efficient for you to take the medication. Consult a health care provider and specialist for psychological therapy and diagnosis.