Manufacturer: Sun Pharma
Generic Name: Metaxalone
|Strength||Per Unit Price||Price|
|400mg (50 Tablet)||$1.14||$57.25|
|400mg (100 Tablet)||$0.90||$114 $90
you save $24.00
|400mg (150 Tablet)||$0.75||$171 $112.5
you save $58.50
|400mg (200 Tablet)||$0.75||$228 $150
you save $78.00
It is a prescribed oral drug which is usually given to treat symptoms of muscle spasm of skeletal muscles. It is prescribed as an adjunct to the physical therapy for the treatment of pain from muscular spasm. It belongs to a class of drug known as a skeletal muscle relaxant. It is available in the market by the brand name Skelaxin
What ailments Metaxalone help treat?
• Relaxes skeletal muscle spasm or pain
• As an add-on to physical therapy
• Acute, painful muscular- a skeletal condition
What are the side-effects?
• Sore throat
• Loose Motions
• Low White blood cell count
• Yellowing of eyes and skin
Dosage of Medication
• This drug is meant to be taken either orally by mouth like a regular tablet.
• The tablet form comes in the dosage strength of 400mg and 800 mg respectively. It is recommended to be taken three to four times a day.
• In order to provide relief from musculoskeletal pain, 800mg PO for 6-8 hour is the recommended dosage.
• Intake your medication at the same time regularly to ensure maximum benefit out of it.
• This medication may not cure your disease but may help relieve symptoms to an appropriate level.
Warnings & Precautions
• The drug is contraindicated in severe renal impairment.
• The drug can be administered with caution in mild to moderate renal impairment.
• The drug is contraindicated if you have hypersensitivity.
• The drug is an absolute contraindication in severe hepatic impairment.
• The drug is contraindicated when you have a history of drug-induced haemolytic anaemia
• Administer this drug with caution in conditions like hepatic dysfunction and renal impairment.
• The bioavailability of this drug may increase in case of a female patient
• No efficacy has been established in kids with <12 years of age
• It may cause CNS depression, therefore it is advised to use with caution
• This drug is poorly tolerated by elderly patients.
• It may cause adverse drug reaction on interaction with acetaminophen, hydrocodone, Idelalisib, Ivosidenib, sodium oxybate and apalutamide
• The onset of symptoms generally occurs from several hours to a few days.
• It may aggravate symptoms of serotonin syndrome. Discontinue the drug if serotonin syndrome is suspected
• Avoid taking alcohol while you are on this drug regime as it acts an accelerator and reduces the effectiveness of its therapeutic effects.
How does it help in the treatment?
This drug does not act directly on the muscles and relaxes skeletal muscles that control the movement of the body. It performs this function probably by acting upon the central Nervous system. It actually disrupts the spasm-pain-spasm cycle, absorption takes place within 1 hour of drug ingestion, and peak plasma time is 3 hours. It is metabolised in the liver and mainly excreted in the urine.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The knowledge provided is meant to raise an understanding of knowledge regarding wellbeing and does not recommend medication or evaluation. Such material is not a substitution for clinical medical treatment and can not be taken as suggesting or advising that it is healthy, acceptable or efficient for you to take the medication. Consult a health care provider and specialist for psychological therapy and diagnosis.