Manufacturer: CIPLA LTD
Generic Name: Nicotine
|Strength||Per Unit Price||Price|
|2mg (10 CHEWING GUM)||$2.50||$25|
|2mg (20 CHEWING GUM)||$1.45||$50 $29
you save $21.00
|2mg (30 CHEWING GUM)||$0.99||$75 $29.7
you save $45.30
|2mg (40 CHEWING GUM)||$0.88||$100 $35.2
you save $64.80
|2mg (120 CHEWING GUM)||$0.45||$300 $54
you save $246.00
|2mg (240 CHEWING GUM)||$0.35||$600 $84
you save $516.00
|2mg (380 CHEWING GUM)||$0.31||$950 $117.8
you save $832.20
|2mg (520 CHEWING GUM)||$0.30||$1300 $156
you save $1,144.00
|2mg (680 CHEWING GUM)||$0.29||$1700 $197.2
you save $1,502.80
|2mg (800 CHEWING GUM)||$0.27||$2000 $216
you save $1,784.00
|Strength||Per Unit Price||Price|
|4mg (10 CHEWING GUM)||$2.75||$27.5|
|4mg (20 CHEWING GUM)||$1.58||$55 $31.6
you save $23.40
|4mg (30 CHEWING GUM)||$1.17||$83 $35.1
you save $47.90
|4mg (40 CHEWING GUM)||$0.97||$110 $38.8
you save $71.20
|4mg (120 CHEWING GUM)||$0.55||$330 $66
you save $264.00
|4mg (260 CHEWING GUM)||$0.44||$715 $114.4
you save $600.60
|4mg (400 CHEWING GUM)||$0.42||$1100 $166
you save $934.00
|4mg (540 CHEWING GUM)||$0.39||$1485 $210.6
you save $1,274.40
|4mg (680 CHEWING GUM)||$0.38||$1870 $258.4
you save $1,611.60
|4mg (820 CHEWING GUM)||$0.37||$2255 $303.4
you save $1,951.60
THERAPEUTIC USES.: -
It is a prescribed, stimulant and over-the-counter drug (nicotine gum) which is usually given to treat tobacco use disorders. It reduces the unusual carvings for nicotinic and tobacco products and lowers down the euphoria effect of cigarettes and other tobacco containing preparations. It belongs to a class of drugs known as a parasympathomimetic alkaloid. This substance is naturally produced in the nightshade plant family. It is available in the market by the brand name Nicotrol or Nicorette gum.
What ailments Nicotine help treat?
• Tobacco use disorders like smoking cessation aid
• Relieve withdrawal symptoms such as tobacco craving due to nicotine dependence.
What are the side-effects?
• Craving tobacco
• Mouth /throat/ tooth pain
• Running nose
• Chest pain
• Weight gain
• Trouble controlling unusual urges
• Muscle spasm
• Negative thoughts
• Swelling of mouth, face and limbs
Dosage of Medication
• This drug is meant to be taken either orally by mouth. It is available in the form of Chewing gum.
• The dosage strength of the gum includes 2mg and 4 mg respectively
• As a part of smoking cessation schedule, ingest one piece of gum 1-2 hour, at least 9 pieces in a day for the initial six weeks so as to increase the chances of quitting. For weeks 7 to 9, one piece of nicotine gum q2-4 hour is the recommended dosage followed by one piece of gum for a q4-8 hour for week 10 to 12.
• If a smoker consumes < 25 cigarettes/day then initial recommended dosage is 2 mg. In case the consumption is > 25 cigarette/day then initiate the therapy with 4mg as the recommended dose.
• For patients who are chronic chain smokers, ingest the second piece of gum within one hour
• It is advised to motivate patients to end smoking for a better tomorrow. Counsel and educate the patient so as to develop a better understanding of the adverse effects of smoking and tobacco products.
• Patients who cannot tolerate the adverse effects of the abrupt smoking quitting regimen, temporary or permanent dose reduction is advised.
Warnings & Precautions
• Antinarcotics may increase the risk of Negative thoughts and behaviour among the individual ingesting this medication.
• The drug is contraindicated in case you are hypersensitive to it.
• The drug is an absolute contraindication in case of Non-smokers
• This drug may cause withdrawal symptoms in case of chain smokers.
• The drug is contraindicated in case you have temporomandibular joint dysfunction, angina pectoris disease and in post-myocardial infarction period. Also, the drug is not recommended in case of Diabetes and patients with allergy.
• Use the drug with great caution in the patients with the known medical history of Neurological deficit as it may result in CNS (Central Nervous system) depression.
• Administer the drug with great caution in patients with a history of coronary artery disease, hypertension, and cardiac arrhythmias.
• A seizure may occur as an adverse effect in the first month of the therapy initiation.
• Monitor mental status, behaviour and mood swings of the individual taking this medication. Report your doctor whenever you experience any unusual activity during the course of this medication ingestion.
How does it help in the treatment?
This drug works via replacing the tobacco in the cigarettes and thereby providing a pleasant effect of Nicotine on the brain.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The knowledge provided is meant to raise an understanding of knowledge regarding wellbeing and does not recommend medication or evaluation. Such material is not a substitution for clinical medical treatment and can not be taken as suggesting or advising that it is healthy, acceptable or efficient for you to take the medication. Consult a health care provider and specialist for psychological therapy and diagnosis.