Manufacturer: Novartis Farmaceutica SA
Generic Name: Fluvastatin
|Strength||Per Unit Price||Price|
|80MG (28 PILLS)||$1.83||$51.2|
|80MG (56 PILLS)||$1.83||$102 $102.4
you save $-0.40
|80MG (84 PILLS)||$1.85||$154 $155.2
you save $-1.20
|80MG (112 PILLS)||$1.72||$205 $193
you save $12.00
|80MG (140 PILLS)||$1.70||$256 $237.4
you save $18.60
|80MG (168 PILLS)||$1.67||$307 $281.2
you save $25.80
|80MG (196 PILLS)||$1.64||$359 $321.4
you save $37.60
|80MG (224 PILLS)||$1.61||$410 $360.9
you save $49.10
|80MG (252 PILLS)||$1.58||$461 $397
you save $64.00
|80MG (287 PILLS)||$1.50||$525 $431
you save $94.00
THERAPEUTIC USES.: -
It is a prescribed drug and which is usually given to treat patients having deranged lipid profile (raised cholesterol) and impaired cardiovascular conditions. It belongs to a class of drugs known as ‘Statin’. It is available in the market by the brand name Lescol.
What ailments Fluvastatin help treat?
• Cardiovascular disorder
What are the side-effects?
• Loose stools
• Difficulty in controlling bowel movements
• Brown colour oil in the faeces
• Increased number of bowel
• Abdominal pain
• Excess Flatulence
• Gall stones
• Liver impairment
• Gas discharge
Dosage of Medication
• This drug is meant to be taken either orally by mouth and is available in the form of a capsule and regular, extended-release tablet.
• The dosage strength of the capsule is 20mg and 40mg respectively. Tablet comes in the strength of 80mg.
• The initial recommended dosage of extended-release tablet for patients having hypercholesterolemia and mixed dyslipidemia is 20 to 40 mg PO qHS. The dose may range from 20-80 mg PO q Day. In case 80mg /day is required, then divide the dose into 40mg each per 12 hourly. As a sustained release tablet, continue as 80mg PO qDay.
• If the patient has < 25% decrease in LDL levels, start the therapy with 20mg PO qDay. In the form of immediate release capsule, the recommended dosage is 40mg PO qDay and 80mg PO / 24 our if you are ingesting extended release formulation.
• In the case of renal impairment, adjust the drug dosage but do not exceed 40mg/day.
• This medicine acts as an adjunct therapy to diet restriction, physical activity and lifestyle and behavioural modifications.
• This drug therapy is supportive, may not fully cure your disease but shall aid in lowering down of symptoms.
Warnings & Precautions
• The drug is contraindicated if you are hypersensitive to Fluvastatin or any of its derivatives.
• The drug is an absolutely contraindicated in conditions like renal impairment and hepatic dysfunction (acute liver disease)
• The drug is an absolute contraindication in the case of primary biliary cirrhosis
• The drug is an absolute no in the case of a pregnancy and lactation period.
• Use this drug with caution in the case of a Diabetes as it may result in elevated levels of HbA1c (glycosylated haemoglobin), indicative of sugar levels.
• Avoid alcohol intake while you are on this drug regimen as it results in adverse drug reaction
• Store the drug at optimum conditions out of the reach of the children
How does it help in the treatment?
It decreases the amount of cholesterol synthesis by competitively inhibiting the enzymes. It selectively acts upon the hepatic enzymes and inhibits its biosynthesis. HMG-CoA reductase enzyme is blocked by this medication thereby lowering down the cholesterol levels in the body. According to its pharmacokinetics, 98% of the drug is absorbed from the gut region.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The knowledge provided is meant to raise an understanding of knowledge regarding wellbeing and does not recommend medication or evaluation. Such material is not a substitution for clinical medical treatment and can not be taken as suggesting or advising that it is healthy, acceptable or efficient for you to take the medication. Consult a health care provider and specialist for psychological therapy and diagnosis.