Manufacturer: Cipla Ltd
Generic Name: Prasugrel
|Strength||Per Unit Price||Price|
|5mg (100 Tablet)||$0.66||$66|
|Strength||Per Unit Price||Price|
|10mg (100 Tablet)||$0.89||$89|
|10mg (200 Tablet)||$0.88||$178 $175
you save $3.00
Prasugrel is a prescribed drug used along with blood thinner aspirin, so as to prevent life-threatening conditions like angina or cardiac arrest. It belongs to the category of thienopyridine and is an anti-platelet medication. It is available in the market by the trade name Effient.
Which ailments does Prasugrel help treat?
• Cardiac problems – angina, stroke or arrest
What are the side-effects?
• Pain in the back, arms, or legs
• Purple patches on the skin
• Paleness of the skin or eyes
• Slow, fast, or irregular heartbeat
• Slurry speech
• Sudden weakness of a limb
• Abdominal pain
• Less frequency of urination
• Skin Rash
• Swelling of the face and limbs
Dosage of Medication
• Prasugrel comes in the form of a tablet meant to be taken by mouth. It is usually prescribed to be taken once a day with or without food.
• It is advised to take prasugrel as per the scheduled time.
• Follow the directions as mentioned on the prescription label and do not hesitate to ask your doctor in case you don’t understand any part of it.
• Do not taper the dose according to your own self without asking your doctor or pharmacist as it may result in adverse reactions.
• Swallow the tablet as a whole without crushing or chewing
• Do not abruptly discontinue the medication without asking your doctor as it helps prevent serious problems related to heart and vessels. In case of sudden stoppage, the results can be adversely leading to cardiac arrest or clot formation
• In case of any previous surgery, or planned operation, do inform your doctor beforehand that you are on this drug regime. Probably you need to stop the medication 7 days prior to your scheduled surgery
• Talk to your doctor if you are allergic to prasugrel or any other medication before taking this drug. Do ask for the list of active ingredients present in this drug from your pharmacist.
• Inform your doctor regarding what prescription and non-prescription medications you are taking.
• Inform your doctor if you ever had kidney disease or had undergone any surgical procedure.
• Inform your doctor beforehand if you are planning for pregnancy or you are pregnant or breastfeeding
• Check for the medication and its dosage after it is dispensed by the pharmacist. In case of any confusion, do not hesitate to ask your doctor instead of ingesting the wrong medication.
• Store the medication in an airtight container out of the reach of the children at room temperature.
• Dispose of the expired medication or empty foils as per the guidelines mentioned in the leaflet meant to provide information about the drug disposal. Ask your pharmacist for the same.
How does it help in the treatment?
Prasugrel prevents platelets from piling and forming clots which may lead to cardiac arrest or stroke.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The knowledge provided is meant to raise an understanding of knowledge regarding wellbeing and does not recommend medication or evaluation. Such material is not a substitution for clinical medical treatment and can not be taken as suggesting or advising that it is healthy, acceptable or efficient for you to take the medication. Consult a health care provider and specialist for psychological therapy and diagnosis.