Generic Name: Oxybutynin
|Strength||Per Unit Price||Price|
|2.5mg (30 tablets)||$0.90||$27.1|
|2.5mg (60 tablets)||$0.62||$54 $37.29
you save $16.71
|2.5mg (90 tablets)||$0.44||$81 $40
you save $41.00
|Strength||Per Unit Price||Price|
|5mg (60 Tablet)||$0.80||$48|
|5mg (90 Tablet)||$0.65||$72 $58.5
you save $13.50
|5mg (120 Tablet)||$0.55||$96 $66
you save $30.00
|5mg (200 Tablet)||$0.42||$160 $84
you save $76.00
|5mg (300 Tablet)||$0.38||$240 $113.55
you save $126.45
THERAPEUTIC USES.: -
It is a prescribed drug used to treat spasm of muscles of the bladder and also to provide symptomatic relief from symptoms like urine incontinence, urgency, and frequency. It belongs to a class of drugs known as antispasmodics. It is available in the market by the brand name Ditropan.
What ailments Oxybutynin help treat?
• Overactive bladder
• To relieve from the incidence of bed wetting in children
What are the side-effects?
• Memory loss
• Stomach upset
• Dry eyes
• Blurr vision
• Abdominal pain
• Burning micturition
• Skin rash
• Trouble breathing
• Swelling of the face, throat, tongue
• The metallic taste of the mouth
Dosage of Medication
• This drug is meant to be taken either orally by mouth like a regular tablet, as an extended-release tablet and as a syrup
• The dosage strength of a regular tablet is 5mg followed by the extended release which comes in the strength of 5mg, 10mg and 15mg respectively. The syrup is available in the strength of 5mg/5ml
• In the case of overactive bladder symptoms such as urinary incontinence or urgency, the initial recommended dosage of an immediate release regular tablet is 5mg PO two or three times a day; not to exceed four times a day.
• The recommended dosage of an extended-release tablet is 5-10mg/day PO which may be increased to 5mg/day at weekly intervals. The dosage should not exceed 30mg/day
• Intake your medication at the same time regularly to ensure maximum benefit out of it.
• This medication may not cure your disease but may help relieve symptoms.
Warnings & Precautions
• The drug is contraindicated in case you are hypersensitive or allergic to this drug and its derivatives
• Use this drug with caution in case of a renal impairment
• Use this drug with caution in case of a hepatic impairment
• The drug is contraindicated in the case of urinary obstruction, ulcerative colitis and paralytic ileus
• The drug is an absolute no in the case of a narrow -angle glaucoma
• The drug is relatively contraindicated in cases like tachycardia, Myasthenia gravis, cardiac deficit or insufficiency or thyrotoxicosis
• Use this drug with caution in the case of a benign prostatic hyperplasia
• This drug may cause memory related issues
• This drug may increase the risk of heat intolerance in the hot weather
• This drug may increase the chances of gastro motility impairment
• In the patients having GERD (Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease), this drug may cause exacerbate esophagitis
• This drug may cause adverse effects like somnolence and hallucinations, therefore it is advised not to operate a machine or drive a vehicle immediately after ingestion of this drug. Avoid work that involves mental alertness
• Use this drug with great caution in patients with hiatus hernia
• For full therapeutic effects, ingest your medication at regular interval of time.
How does it help in the treatment?
This drug belongs to the category of drug called muscarinic antagonist receptors. It is basically a racemic mixture having a ratio of 50:50 of R and S isomers. It works via relaxing smooth muscles of the bladder.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The knowledge provided is meant to raise an understanding of knowledge regarding wellbeing and does not recommend medication or evaluation. Such material is not a substitution for clinical medical treatment and can not be taken as suggesting or advising that it is healthy, acceptable or efficient for you to take the medication. Consult a health care provider and specialist for psychological therapy and diagnosis.