Manufacturer: Sun Pharma
Generic Name: Irbesartan
|Strength||Per Unit Price||Price|
|150mg (30 tablets)||$1.37||$41.2|
|150mg (60 tablets)||$0.90||$82 $54.1
you save $27.90
|150mg (90 tablets)||$0.69||$123 $62.3
you save $60.70
|Strength||Per Unit Price||Price|
|300mg (90 Tablet)||$0.73||$66|
|300mg (120 Tablet)||$0.67||$88 $80.4
you save $7.60
|300mg (140 Tablet)||$0.65||$102 $91
you save $11.00
|300mg (160 Tablet)||$0.63||$117 $100.8
you save $16.20
|300mg (180 Tablet)||$0.61||$131 $109.8
you save $21.20
|300mg (200 Tablet)||$0.59||$146 $118
you save $28.00
It is a prescribed and reasonable drug regime meant to relieve symptoms of elevated blood pressure and complications arising due to diabetes such as kidney damage. It belongs to a class of drugs known as Angiotensin-receptor blocker (ARB) and is chiefly employed for treating hypertension. It is available in the market by the brand name Avapro.
What ailments Irbesartan help treat?
• Diabetic Nephropathy
• Kidney disease
• Focal segmental glomerulosclerosis
What are the side-effects?
• Loose Motions
• Swelling of face, throat and tongue
• Elevated blood potassium levels
Dosage of Medication
• This drug is meant to be taken either orally by mouth like a regular tablet
• The tablet form comes in the dosage of 75mg, 150 mg and 300 mg respectively.
• For hypertension, the recommended dosage is 150mg/day PO without meal initially which may be subsequently increased to 300mg/day PO.
• For Hypovolemia, the initial recommended dosage is 75mg/day PO
• For Nephropathy, the recommended dosage is 75-300mg/day PO
• For mild to moderate renal dysfunction, alteration in dosage is not of much significance unless the patient is hypovolemic.
• It is usually prescribed in combination with hydrochlorothiazide.
• Monthly adjustment of dosage is generally followed unless the patient belongs to a high-risk category.
• Intake your medication at the same time regularly to ensure maximum benefit out of it.
• This medication may not cure your disease but may help relieve symptoms
Warnings & Precautions
• Discontinue the medication as soon as pregnancy is diagnosed as it may cause a condition called Oligohydramnios, which may result in fetal injury or death.
• The drug is contraindicated if you are hypersensitive to Irbesartan or any of its derivative.
• The drug is an absolute contraindication in combination with aliskiren in diabetic patients
• There may be a risk of development of hypotension or hyperkalemia
• Administer this drug with caution in conditions like volume depletion, Angioedema, severe congestive heart failure (CHF), hepatic dysfunction, renal impairment, and hypertrophic cardiac myopathy, stenosis of the mitral or aortic valve, in case of a surgery or under anaesthesia condition.
• The drug is not recommended in the case of bilateral renal artery stenosis.
• The concomitant therapeutic regimen with ACE inhibitors and beta-adrenergic agents is usually not recommended.
• Since this drug has a side-effect of making you lull asleep, do not drive a vehicle or operate a machine once you have ingested this medicine.
• Avoid taking alcohol while you are on this drug regime as it acts an accelerator and reduces the effectiveness of its therapeutic effects.
How does it help in the treatment?
This drug, an angiotensin II receptor blocker constrains vasoconstrictor and aldosterone-secreting effects of angiotensin II. This causes blood vessels to become narrow and influx of elevated levels of blood pressure (hypertension). Irbesartan dilates the vessels and reduces blood pressure. The bioavailability of this drug is high approximately 60-80% along with peak effect which can be seen within the initial 1-2 hours of drug administration. Eliminated via urine and faeces with a ratio of 20 % and 80% respectively.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The knowledge provided is meant to raise an understanding of knowledge regarding wellbeing and does not recommend medication or evaluation. Such material is not a substitution for clinical medical treatment and can not be taken as suggesting or advising that it is healthy, acceptable or efficient for you to take the medication. Consult a health care provider and specialist for psychological therapy and diagnosis.