Manufacturer: Sun Pharma
Generic Name: Pioglitazone+Metformin
|Strength||Per Unit Price||Price|
|15mg/500mg (30 tablets)||$1.20||$36.72|
|15mg/500mg (60 tablets)||$0.90||$72 $54.1
you save $17.90
|15mg/500mg (90 tablets)||$0.69||$108 $62.9
you save $45.10
|15mg/500mg (120 tablets)||$0.62||$144 $74.32
you save $69.68
|15mg/500mg (150 tablets)||$0.55||$180 $82.5
you save $97.50
|15mg/500mg (180 tablets)||$0.51||$216 $91.8
you save $124.20
|15mg/500mg (210 tablets)||$0.49||$252 $102.9
you save $149.10
|15mg/500mg (240 tablets)||$0.48||$288 $115.2
you save $172.80
|15mg/500mg (270 tablets)||$0.46||$324 $124.2
you save $199.80
|15mg/500mg (300 tablets)||$0.45||$360 $134
you save $226.00
|Strength||Per Unit Price||Price|
|30mg/500mg (30 tablets)||$1.17||$35.2|
|30mg/500mg (60 tablets)||$0.82||$70 $49.8
you save $20.20
|30mg/500mg (90 tablets)||$0.69||$105 $62.35
you save $42.65
|30mg/500mg (120 tablets)||$0.58||$140 $70.8
you save $69.20
|30mg/500mg (150 tablets)||$0.55||$176 $83.57
you save $92.43
|30mg/500mg (180 tablets)||$0.53||$211 $95.4
you save $115.60
|30mg/500mg (210 tablets)||$0.52||$246 $109.2
you save $136.80
|30mg/500mg (240 tablets)||$0.50||$281 $121.42
you save $159.58
|30mg/500mg (270 tablets)||$0.50||$316 $135
you save $181.00
|30mg/500mg (300 tablets)||$0.48||$351 $144.28
you save $206.72
THERAPEUTIC USES.: -
This combination therapy is a prescribed drug used as an adjunct to diet and physical exercise so as to control the elevated levels of blood sugar in type-II diabetes. It belongs to the class of drugs known as Thiazolidinediones. It is available in the market with the brand name Actoplus Met. Pioglitazone/Metformin (15/500mg & 30/850mg) available in stock.
Which ailment does Piogitazone and Meformin help treat?
• Hyperglycaemia in type II diabetes Mellitus
What are the side effects?
Some of the common side effects include-
• Loose stools
• Trouble sleeping
• Abrupt fatigue
• Sore throat
• Xerostomia (Dry mouth)
• Inflamed tongue
• Sudden sweating
• Abdominal pain
• Rapid heart rate
• The metallic taste of the mouth
Dosage of Medication
• The drug comes in the form of a regular tablet and extended-release tablet meant to be taken orally via mouth once or twice daily with food.
• The dosage strength of a regular tablet includes- 15mg/500mg, 15mg/850mg and 15mg/1000mg for extended-release tablet respectively
• In the case of a type-II Diabetes Mellitus, the initial recommended dosage is 15-30mg/day pioglitazone along with a dosage of metformin at the time of initiation of this therapy.
• Do not exceed 45mg pioglitazone and 2550 mg metformin/day
• Follow the directions written on the prescription label very carefully. In case of queries do ask your doctor or pharmacist.
• Intake the drug exactly as per the directions. Do not overdose.
• Close monitoring of dosage is recommended in the case of impaired glomerular filtration rate.
• Your doctor will gradually increase your drug dose starting from low to high depending upon your clinical condition
• This drug shall help to tame your symptoms but may not fully cure it. For full benefits, a few weeks or more shall be required. Do continue with the drug even if you feel better. Abrupt stoppage of the drug may lead to side effects impacting your overall condition.
• Do inform your doctor in case you are allergic or hypersensitive to this drug or its derivative. Ask your pharmacist to check into medication ingredients guide before dispensing the drug
• It is advised to discontinue at the time of or before an iodinated contrast imaging procedure in the patients with eGFR between 30-60 ml/minute.
• The drug is contraindicated in the patients having a history of liver disease and cardiac deficit
• Do not intake alcohol while you are on this drug therapy
• Close monitoring of cardiac vitals is of utmost significance before and after initiation of this drug combination
• Check for lactic acidosis symptoms; it is characterised by raised blood lactate levels >5mmol/ L
• Metformin may cause sepsis, dehydration, renal impairment, therefore, use this drug with caution
• Use this drug with caution in pregnancy and lactation phase
• Do not ingest the drug more often than prescribed
• Do not discontinue the drug abruptly before asking your doctor
How does it help in the treatment?
This drug works via decreasing the endogenous hepatic glucose production. It decreases the absorption of glucose via intestines and ameliorates insulin sensitivity by escalating peripheral glucose uptake and utilization. This aids in the improvement of glucose tolerance levels and lowers down postprandial plasma glucose levels.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The knowledge provided is meant to raise an understanding of knowledge regarding wellbeing and does not recommend medication or evaluation. Such material is not a substitution for clinical medical treatment and can not be taken as suggesting or advising that it is healthy, acceptable or efficient for you to take the medication. Consult a health care provider and specialist for psychological therapy and diagnosis.